Saturday 28 December 2013

College of the Desert Street Fair

First thing this morning we were out the door headed for the COD Street Fair.  We have heard about this week-end event for years.  They are open from 7am - 2pm on Saturdays and Sundays.  We arrived there about 7:30 and was able to get parking up close to the vendor's booths.  It was a bit of a cloudy start to the day and there weren't any crowds that early.  We wandered up and down the aisles and saw some beautiful artsy items but didn't really buy much.  We did buy some socks and I bought 2 wrist slap bracelets that I could use for my rolls of embroidery stabilizer. The crowds were starting to arrive around the time we left - good timing.
 
Once we were done with the market we headed to Walmart with our shopping list so we could get home before the 'crazy' week-end shoppers.  While there I decided that I would buy a new iron for the trailer as the old travel iron I have been using for years just doesn't do a great job with all the quilting fabric that I wash and iron for quilting while away in the RV.  Here's the old one and the new one.
I had to try out the new iron so I pressed the new Batiks that I bought at  Monica's Quilt Shop.  Aren't the colors just beautiful?  Also, here is one of the little ITH projects I have been working on. 
 
We have wind warnings up for tonight and part of tomorrow. 
I wonder if the RV will be 'rockin & rollin' again tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment